Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pomelo-flavoured Menthos

Morning sickness sucks!

I'm into, what, my 8th or 9th week of pregnancy now, and I forgot about the dreaded morning sickness. I don't remember having it this bad!

I wake up, I'm sick, I go to bed, I'm sick, and all in between, I'm sick too.

I dry heaved a couple of times on the weekend, but I'm such a phobic when it comes to puking, I didn't go through with it. I feel nauseous all the time, but it's not the same as my motion sickness I get when I'm in the rear of a car or van; I don't have headaches. Just this retching feeling.

Ugh!

I searched high and low for something to soothe me last night....ginger, mints, teas. Found none of that. All I found were some pomelo-flavoured Menthos my mom gave me last year from her overseas trip to Asia. Well, they were minty and had a slight sour flavour, being pomelo (never heard of them - think super large, gigantic grapefruit, but a tinge sweeter).

I sucked on about 5 or 6 while browsing the web for more morning sickness cures, and finally giving up, while I was trying to drown myself to sleep over the nausea.

Thanks, Mom, for the Menthos! I managed some rest last night...today is another story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment