Monday, March 9, 2009

Parallel Parking

Some people can't...really....take a look around.

Just the other day from my livingroom window, I watched a nice, black Mercedes SUV attempting to park between two cars. She had about a half-length behind and in front of her. I don't know if she pulled into the spot or actually parallelled, but she was still going at it five minutes later: I watched the clock.

Back and forth, back and forth. I actually found myself doing a play-by-play of her manoeuvres.

- Now go ahead...a little bit more.
- Turn that wheel, slowly..no, not THAT way, the OTHER way!
- Stop, stop, stop, you're gonna hit that car behind you....stop, already!

Then I watched her remove her "driving shoes" and put on a pair of knee-high high-heeled boots (ooh, what kind were those?....) and she got out of the car, pulled up the collar on her beige wool car coat, and with her Gucci purse strolled away to the stores that I live close by.

Sigh. I think there should be some kind of rule that you can only buy a car based on driving experience, not how much money you have.

1 comment:

  1. haha. well, the specs are pretty much the same but the bigger size is what turned me on. i read SO many reviews of both & it seems many people had such a hard time typing on the 900's... that's what ultimately pushed me onto the 1000 instead. i NEED to be able to type. LOL. =] but your comment did make me want to research a little bit more. =]

    ReplyDelete