Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I hope this day brought peace and love to all moms out there. For all that they do for us, sacrificed for us, so that we, too, would in turn be as great a mother for our own kids. This is my hope, that I become as good a mother, if not better, as my own mom.

We shouldn't need one day to celebrate mothers: as enduring as their love is, celebrations should take place daily. I still have to be reminded of this, even after I've become a mom myself.

I hope my kids know how much I love being their mom, even though I don't show it every second. My life isn't complete without my kids; hard to imagine life before they came along. I understand, now, how hard it is to be a mom, but it's the best job out there.

So, thanks, Mom, for being you. You are the source of love and meaning and direction in my life and in my family. You've taught me many things, and I am still learning, yet I have not learned enough. Your little ways, nuances, bring a smile to my face, even though I seem to laugh at the things you do, I laugh with love. You are special, one-of-a-kind. No one can replace you.

I'm glad you're mine.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

Photo by Craig Jewell
(royalty free)

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! Your kids are very lucky to have you as their mom, I bet you're their super mom ;)

    ReplyDelete